Monday, September 23, 2013

Red Alert!


Last week I showed you my favourite nude nail polished, this week I show you my favourite reds that I wear year round. Typically if I am not wearing nude, I very likely will wear red on my nails as I find it superclassy and it goes along with all my clothes and adds a pop of color:

ESSIE "Fifht Avenue" has been the first Essie nailpolish I ever purchased and it may very well be my favourite out of all I own. It is a very bright, opaque red with an orange undertone which is why - for me - it is THE color for summer. Nonetheless I wear this all year as I just love how it pops against my clothes but also because it looks good on my skin color. This one is definitely an eyecatcher. On the plus side, this one is basically opqaue in just one coat, for my liking I always wear 2 coats anyways. Drying time is great also! A job well done Essie :)

Deborah Lippmann "Supermodel" was designed in collaboration with supermodel (duh!) Dree Hemingway and I am absolutely obsessed with this one. It is a jelly finish meaning it will never be opaque but lets your natural nail line shine through. Nonetheless it is absolutely gorgeous and the finish makes the color even brighter than it is. This is definitely the best red nail polish in terms of color I came across so far. The application and drying time is superb, the only MAJOR let down of this one is that it chips way too easily. A very good topcoat is an absolute must or this polish comes off withing hours. I know that this is a turn-off to a lot of people and I never wear it longer than 1-2 days but the color and finish is just too gorgeous for me not to wear it. I am thinking of purchasing the infamous Seche Vite fast drying topcoat and I hope with this one Supermodel lasts longer.

ESSIE "Wicked" is another very famous color by this line and for me it's the perfect autumn/winter red. It is very rich and dark up to the point that it almost looks black when in darker rooms which is why this one reminds me of Chanel's "Rouge noir". I think this color is super sexy but in an elegant way. It goes on perfectly in 2 coats and drys in a normal fashion. The only thing I highly recommend with this one is base coat as it can stain your nails plus it can get a bit messy when removing it. But that's all worth it because there is a reason why this is such a popular Essie nailpolish.

What are your favourite red nailpolishes? Any recommendation?

xx, V

1 comment: