Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nude

picture from my INSTAGRAM (viktoriam)

source: google.com

Those of u that know me already know, that I am a huuuuge sucker for nailpolish. I would even consider myself an addict as I am constantly on the hunt for new colors and I consider nailpolish as much an accessoire as rings or necklaces. I could just never imagine going without it! There are days even, when I would change nailcolor every single day.
My current favourite brand is Essie and I've been sporting "Fifth Avenue" and "Wicked" a lot lately but just sometime ago, I came across Sally Hansen nailpolishes at one of the local drugstores. I've known Sally Hansen for quite a while now and been using their Nail hardeners for years so it was a no brainer for me to get one of these "Salon manicure" nailpolishes that claim to be base, top coat, hardener and what not all in one. The last few weeks - probably due to constantly wearing bright or red colors - I was craving for a more muted, neutral color. However, as it is often with these colors, they're so light that one has to put on 4 layers to even see something. So I chose Sally Hansen in the color "Choco-Latte" and I tell u guys, I am in heaven. It is suuuuuuuuuuuch a preeeeeeettty color!!!! And in 2 thin coats you get the exact same color as in the bottle. I can already see me sporting this color for the next weeks. I just constantly look at my fingers. I've had the polish on for 3 days now and so far it looks pretty perfect still. For me that's amazing as I've been washing dishes, taking showers, styling my hair and basically been doing all the other things that usually get your nailpolish off!
They are on the pricey side though as they retail for 10€. Then again, I have Chanel "Peridot" which cost me more than twice as much and I hate it cuz the color looks nothing like in the bottle and after one day comes off. So I guess 10€ is affordable. Especially considering that u don't have to paint your nails everyday :-)

What are your current favourites when it comes to nailpolish? Any recommendation?

xx,V.

No comments:

Post a Comment